Barbadian Formula 3 race car driver Zane Maloney will be one of 90 entrants for Sol Rally Barbados over the weekend of June 4 and 5.
Rally director Neil Barnard said a major re-think of the routes, longer stages, the return of rallying at night, a raft of new marketing partnerships, and a record entry in the growing FIA R5 class, including Maloney, will mark the return of the rally.
The rally was cancelled last year because of health and safety restrictions related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
“I’m not sure where to start with our news,” Barnard said at a media briefing at Divi Southwinds Beach Resort yesterday to launch the event.
“Against the background of everyone recovering from the pandemic at home and overseas, I admit the entry is bigger than I had anticipated, which speaks volumes for the image our event has generated over the years.” (PR/AR)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.