UWI plans diabetes reversal project

by Gercine Carter

The University of The West Indies (UWI) is planning a diabetes reversal project as a major feature of the new facility intended for the former site of the St Joseph Hospital after the university assumes full control of the property.

Government recently vested the Ashton Hall, St Peter property in The UWI, in a special purpose vehicle in which the university holds 75 per cent ownership while Government owns the remaining 25 per cent.

Principal and pro vice-chancellor of The UWI Cave Hill Campus Professor Clive Landis has disclosed that the university was looking to set up a diabetes reversal clinic as a major feature of the proposed new facility and is also in the process of developing a programme and products to be used in the reversal process.

“When we eventually develop the land at St Joseph, we are looking to set up a health tourism clinic where people would come in and we have this expertise in reversing diabetes,” Landis said in an interview with the Midweek Nation. (GC)

Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.

For the latest stories and breaking news updates download the Nationnews apps for iOS and Android.


Leave a Reply