Minister of Education, Kay McConney, should take personal responsibility for the fiasco surrounding the administration of a survey by the International-American Development Bank (IDB) which was given to some first form students to complete earlier this week.
Many of the questions were deemed inappropriate, and former Minister of Education, Ronald Jones, who was on Starcom Network’s Down To Brass Tacks on Friday, said the responsibility was not that of Chief Education Officer, Dr Ramona Archer-Bradshaw.
“This would not have happened with me, because I know that the buck stops with me. I would know that my chief education officer, my permanent secretaries and my deputies, we’re all involved in this process along with myself as minister of education, therefore I would have stepped forward and apologised to this nation,” he said.
If there is no apology from the Minister of Education, he added, then Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley should intervene. (Nation News)