One of the large Crop Over bands has been hit by the COVID-19 disruption, forcing it to pull out of the last lap jump up on August 1, Kadooment Day.
Award-winning Baje International made the announcement on social media Thursday that the group will not be producing a band for 2022.
As he spoke to the Saturday Sun yesterday, “disappointed” and “surreal” were the words repeated by bandleader Richard Haynes, who said he, the committee and revellers had been excited and looking forward to being on the road after a two-year hiatus.
“It feels a bit surreal that we are not taking part . . . . We had plans to be in the festival. We have a band designed, our marketing campaign is ready, everything was ready to hit the green light, but now logistically it is not possible,” Haynes said. (NS)
Subscribe now to our eNATION edition for the full story.