Beyond Meat Lasagna
The Best Lasagna is here. Enjoy a rich Beyond Meat Plant-Based Ground “meat” sauce and a creamy parmesan white sauce, plus the perfect amount of mozzarella cheese! No ricotta cheese needed!
PREP TIME: 20 min
COOK TIME: 1 hr 45 min
SERVES: 12 people
1 1/2 lbs Beyond Meat Plant-Based Ground
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 onion, (finely chopped)
• 1 carrot, (finely diced)
• 4 cloves garlic cloves, (minced)
• 1 stick Celery, optional
• 24 oz Essential Waitrose Chopped Tomatoes
• 3 Tbsp Essential Waitrose Tomato Paste
• 1/2 teaspoon each basil/ thyme
• 1 teaspoon sugar, (to taste)
• Salt and pepper, (season to your tastes)
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 12 oz Essential Waitrose Cottage Cheese
• 1 cup fresh shredded parmesan
• 13 ounces (375 grams) Roma Pasta Lasagna Sheets
• 2 pks fresh Essential Waitrose Mozzarella Cheese, (sliced)
• 4 oz Waitrose Organic Cheddar Cheese, grated
• Breadcrumbs, optional
1. Pre cook Roma Pasta Lasagna Sheets in boiling water, in batches, 6 mins at a time for each batch of sheets.
2. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat, then add in the onion, carrots and celery (optional)and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until softened. Add in the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
3. Add Beyond Meat, Plant-Based Ground and Waitrose Tomato Paste and cook while breaking it up with the end of your spoon, until browned.
4. Pour in the crushed tomatoes. Mix well to combine and bring to a gentle simmer. Season with desired amount of salt and pepper and sugar if needed. Cook for about 10 minutes, occasionally mixing, until the sauce has thickened slightly and meat is tender.
5. Adjust salt, pepper and fresh herbs to your taste.
6. Preheat oven to 350°F | 180°F.
7. Lightly oil the dish then layer pasta sheets in the bottom of the pan. Spoon about 1 cup of Beyond Meat, Plant- Based Ground “meat” sauce on to the pasta, followed by thin layers of Essential Waitrose Cottage Cheese , Essential Waitrose Mozzarella Cheese and Waitrose Organic Cheddar Cheese. Then cover with lasagna sheets. (Trim sheets to fit over the meat if needed.) Repeat layers finishing with a layer of lasagna sheets.
8. Pour the remaining “meat” sauce and white sauce over the last layer of lasagna sheets and top with the remaining cheese. Garnish with breadcrumbs (optional).
9. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
10. Garnish with basil and let stand for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.